Friday, December 10, 2004

I hate original sources

So, I'm working on my thesis. At least trying too. Gah. I wrote the theory section and it has lots of good information included. However, I have to find the main parts cited by the actual theorist I am writing about. The annoying thing is I have three theorists in my paper. I've tried the internet and found many people saying what I want to say in their own words and people who have the orginial source work I need but its cited in their work and most of it doesn't have the citations I need so I can't use it. Gah! I feel like I want to throw my thesis out the window and stomp on it. I know I should probably go to the library an see if I can find anything, but I'm just feeling really lazy. It's the end of the semester and I don't want to have to go over to the library. I should probably take a break and come back to this, but I feel like I keep putting it off already. I emailed a friend of mine who is also writing her thesis. However, she is already way ahead of me. She has already collected her data an is cleaning her data right now, getting ready for data anaylsis. I so wish I was at that point already. Anyways, we will see what she says. Its just nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. I should really take a break. Maybe I should go finish my holiday shopping.

No comments: