Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Home made lipgloss

On sunday when I was procrastinating working on my thesis I started watching the PBS telethon when they broadcast all their really good shows an try to get people to call in and give them money. Since I was watching on a sunday morning it was kids shows. There was one in particular that was really cool though. It taught children how to make really neat things out of household products, really quick and cheap. Yea, I know I'm a giant kid in an adults body :) They made a lot of really awesome stuff, but the one thing that really stood out for me is their homemade lip gloss. How cool is that! I love going into Claires and looking at all the different flavors and kinds of lipgloss they have. I usually never buy them, though I did by a twinkie flavored one once. Anyways, I decided to give it a try. On the telethon they wanted you to buy all their stuff but I managed to find the recipe online.

Today I went to the groccery store to get everything I needed which wasn't much. I didn't have any small containers to put them in so I bought a few of those, even though they are still big. If I make more Im going to see what Michaels has. The only other thing I got was shortening. Yea I know lol. Making it was pretty easy, though a bit messy. The shortening was really sticky and the kool-aid I used turned my fingers red which turned everything in my sink red. Took a few washings to get it out lol. Making it went really quick but the clean up was messy. Next, I put it in the freezer for two hours, and voila, fruit punch lipgloss. I tried it and its pretty nice too :) I wonder how it compares to the real stuff. Feels and looks real to me!

No comments: