Saturday, April 02, 2005

Relief

On thursday I pulled everything together I could to finish and then friday I scrambled to get it all set up. In two days I managed to finish the rest of my revisions, to set up a time and place for my defense, to make a cover letter with all my revisions listed since they wouldn't get much time to read it ahead of time, to finish my power point presentation, to run over to kinkos to get my thesis and to distribute them to my committee members. Let's just say that yesterday was busy.

I finally defended again friday from 3-3:45. I was nervous. While I was reading my notes to them I had thoughts about what would happen if I didn't pass this time, but I pushed them away and just kept going. They asked me to leave the room so they could discuss and I got nervous. This is the time in the last defense when I knew things weren't going right. It didn't make it any better that they talked for a long time. I just paced the hallways. Turns out they were talking about something totally off topic. Anyways, my advisor opened the door and she said congradulations, you passed! LOL, the first thing out of my mouth was, "Oh thank god." LOL Thank goodness.

It hasn't really sunk in that I passed that part. I still have a lot of stuff to catch up on. But I do feel a bit lighter and calmer. Like I do have a lot of stuff to get done but I can do it at my pace, and I don't have to freak out about it, because it's not as hard as my thesis. Whats left for my thesis? Well I need to figure out how many copies of pretty paper I need to buy for my committee members to sign that will go into my binded copy of my thesis. On monday and tuesday I will get the last bit of their revisions. I have to fix those quickly (hopefully there won't be too much) and then I have to print out one more copy for my dept chair to read. After she is done, I will make all her revisions and then I have to print out a certain amount (not sure yet) on pretty paper and have it bound and sent to the graduate school by April 14 so I can graduate. Woo hoo. Graduation here I come :D

No comments: