Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Movies Netflixed

Jeff and I received two Netflix movies that we watched this weekend: Juno and National Treasure 2. Below is what I thought about them.

Juno
We have wanted to see Juno ever since it was in the theaters. However, we tend to catch movies on Netflix. I thought the movie was cute and had some characters that were likable. However, I don't think it lived up to all the hype people were attributing to it.

Also, I'm not sure about the message. No, she didn't try to get pregnant on purpose and I'm glad that her parents were supportive of helping her through it and making the right decisions. However, the movie didn't really show the parents getting furious at Juno for getting pregnant. My parents would have freaked out. They seemed to be a little shocked, but dealt with things calmly. Her boyfriend's mother didn't like her through out the whole movie, but did not seem to have any comment about her pregnancy. They mentioned briefly that her classmates were making fun of her, but barely showed what it would really be like. In the end it was good that the baby was adopted (although that story line was a little messed up too)but, they didn't show any repercussions from her going through labor and giving up her child.

Over, all a good movie, but some aspects are lacking.

National Treasure 2
I like these kinds of movies. I liked the first one - however, I can't remember much of it. I tend to forget what happened between the first and second movies. Anyways, I thought overall the movie was good. I liked the story. However, some parts were pretty unbelievable. I found myself saying, "Yea right, that wouldn't happen."

The pace also seemed to be a little off. The whole movie was basically oh my gosh how do we get through this obstacle, ok we got through it, wait a couple of minutes, and then oh look another obstacle, solve it, wait a few more minutes, and then another obstacle. I think there should have been a bit more down time between each thing they had to conquer. That's just me though. I suppose that's what this genre of movie is about.

Over all, if you can suspend disbelief it's a pretty good movie.

No comments: