Monday, June 23, 2008

The rabbit

I had to bring Charlie (my honda civic) to NTB on friday for new brakes and to get some part of his axle fixed. While he was being fixed I walked over to Enterprise and rented a VW Rabbit for the day. The rabbit is a cute car and just my size (I hate huge cars). I had no trouble driving it around and all was good.

However, I did have some issues when I got ready to turn it in at the end of the day. First of all, the gas tank is on the wrong side. I had the worst time trying to get the gas thingy on the right side to get gas. I had to turn around at least three times. Cars with gas tanks on the left side make things so much easier. I have now decided that it's a requirement in the next car I buy. Secondly, turning it on after I got gas was weird as well. I am pretty sure I turned it off correctly. However, when I got ready to leave the gas station it wouldn't go forward and I started going backward. Uh, what? It took me like five minutes of making sure it was in park and fiddling with the key to get it to go. By that time I was ready to get rid of it.

So in the end cute car, but I'm glad to have my Charlie back.

No comments: