Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Bit of a foodie

I like to eat. I like to try new foods and different things. However, I haven't been able to do as much of that as I would like the past year. I have had stomach issues that may be caused by gerd and by a gallstone. Because of these two things, I have mainly stuck to blander foods and not been very adventurous.

I have found that when I'm bored at work I tend to end up on food type blogs. It's amazing how many are out there. I found a foodie blog roll today that looked cool. My blog isn't 80% food though so I couldn't join. I can still read. It's cool reading everyone's blog with pictures for each step, but that is way too much work.

I enjoy cooking, however, I haven't been doing much lately because of work. I'm tired when I get home and don't want to make anything big. However, reading all of these food related blogs does make me feel like I want to cook more again. Maybe one new recipe a week would be a good start.

Last night I did try a new recipe. I made eggplant moussaka. It was sort of like an eggplant lasagna. I started by browning eggplant slices and then put the slices at the bottom of a casserole dish. On top I poured a mixture of browned ground beef, onions, and garlic that was seasoned with cinnamon and oregano. I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top and then put some more eggplant slices and then more meat. I cooked it in the oven for about 45 minutes. It came out pretty yummy and we got more vegetables in our diet.

No comments: