Sunday, April 05, 2009

Home made lasagna


For an early birthday treat for Jeff I decided to make him some home made lasagna. Lasagna is one of Jeff's favorite foods so I thought it would be a nice treat. I went to the store and picked up two foil tins especially made for lasagna so I would have two containers that were large enough. I decided on making two separate lasagnas so that Jeff could have the real full calorie version and I could make mine so that it wouldn't bother my stomach.

In Jeff's lasagna I put a little bit of tomato sauce in the bottom, and then alternated layers of lasagna noodles, cooked ground turkey with italian seasoning, cut up slices of zucchini, small plops of ricotta cheese, shredded mozzarella, sprinkling of parmesan cheese, and then more tomato sauce. I got through about three layers before I ran out of noodles. My lasagna was the same as Jeff's although I didn't have any cheese or tomato sauce. This made it a little dry in the end, but not bad. I need to figure out some sort of sauce to include. Maybe just adding in some water would help. Jeff's came out great. I hope it was a nice early birthday treat.

No comments: