Sunday, April 05, 2009

Butternut Squash French Fries

While surfing the net I came across a really cool blog of a mom who likes to cook vegan, but has a lot of great recipe ideas that are similar to the kind of things I like. One thing she makes a lot that looked really good are butternut squash french fries. This immediately had me craving some french fries. I had to try it. I made Jeff go buy a butternut squash at the store that night.

I finally got around to making the fries today. The recipe itself is not hard. However, peeling the squash and cutting it into the right shape is a little hard because the squash is a bit hard and funny shaped. I think I'm going to invest in a mandolin. In the end they were really good and I was impressed. I will defintley be making them again. Even Jeff liked them. Since these fries were so good, I'm excited to try some of the other recipes Sarah makes.

If you would like to make them all you have to do is cut a butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the seeds and gunk, and then cut the squash into big fry shapes. Spray a baking pan with pam, place the fries ontop and then spray lightly with pam and add some salt. Bake them in the oven at 450 degrees for forty minutes, turning them over half way.

No comments: