Monday, October 11, 2004

Blogger codes = evil

I was bored and didn't feel like working on any of my papers so I decided to play with html. Jeff the Baptist had suggested that I could play with html to make him a new layout for his blog. I know the basics of html so I decided that I would try it. I first took the source code that was already in his blog and tried to add my own stuff to it. Didn't work out the way I wanted it too. Then I tried making my own in notepad. I got the basics down, but whenever I went to add in any of the blogger codes or try to make a side bar it messed things up. I kept this up for an hour or two and at the end of it I am very frustrated. Stupid blogger codes, be more easy.

I think I'm going to stick to regular websites where you can just make frames and you don't have to worry about all the codes to get your actual posts to show up. I'm just annoyed it didn't work. I did find a really cool christian image and background that I thought looked nice together. I emailed them to Jeff the Baptist so I guess Ill have to wait an see what he thinks. Every once in a while I get the html itch to make something. I have this blog and an online journal somewhere else but there isn't much coding invovled.

I have thought about making my own webpage in something like geocities or something like that but I never had a topic. I've tried it once, but I never kept it going because I never had anything to say. Maybe with all the talk about possibly getting engaged and planning a wedding soon I could make a site about that. A friend of mine made a wedding page and had links to hotels in the area and pictures of the actual wedding site. I don't know if I want to go that much into detail, but something in the middle might be nice. So I guess Ill have to think about it and see what Jeff the Baptist says. LOL I don't want to freak him out too much. :)

No comments: