Monday, February 23, 2009

Falafels

I made falafels for dinner tonight. I had wanted to make them for a while, but hadn't because the directions always say to fry them. I am avoiding all fried foods since it isn't healthy and my tummy couldn't handle it. Today while wandering the grocery store isles I realized I could pan fry them. This was an exciting prospect. I found a packaged mix where the instructions only called for water to be added and bought two so we would have leftovers through out the week. I could of just made them from scratch instead of buying a mix, but it's easier and quicker to just buy the mix.

When I got home I started making them. All you have to do is pour the dry mix in a bowl and then add one cup of water. Then stir the mix and water together and then let it sit for 7-8 minutes. After it sits, spray the pan with pam, shape them into balls, and then brown them. They turned out to be falafel pancakes, but still good. We had them with pita and ranch dressing. Well Jeff did since I can't do dairy. They are very filling and healthy. I can't wait to use them for snacks while at work.

No comments: